Thursday, July 2, 2009

Video of Note: CrazySexyCancer

I just watched CrazySexyCancer, a documentary style film by Kris Carr. I had become familiar with Kris Carr when she appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show a few years ago. Oprah Winfrey has had such inspirational shows over the past few years. I really appreciate her bringing awareness to many issues and resources. Go Oprah!



The cover of the DVD states, "Diagnosed with a rare, incurable cancer, 31 year-old actress/photographer Kris Carr exits her career and dives head-first into an epic journey, becoming a 'full-time healing junkie.' What follows is a four year adventure of mind, body and heart as Kris explores a colorful variety of treatments, both east and west. Along the way she meets four other survivors, her posse of soul-sisters, who refuse to be defined by the big "C." Hip and humorous, intimate and empowering, this cutting-edge documentary shatters old stigmas with a force of spirit, redefining what it means to truly live-not just for those struggling with cancer, but for anyone who needs a personal revolution."



While I'm thankfully not battling the big "C" like Carr, I can relate to her story on many levels. In the face of being told that her illness is incurable, Carr is trying many approaches that would be "alternative" in the eyes of traditional medicine. But, what choice does she have? Either fight or give up. I'm with her--you're better off fighting.



Carr's story is very inspirational. Carr is a cute, little blonde who still has a zest for life. I am truly encouraged by her determination and discipline. She let's the viewers know that her struggle hasn't been easy...But I don't see her giving up anytime soon.



I hope Carr will continue to do well. I pray for her health and continued piece of mind.

Below is a link to Carr's website:

http://crazysexylife.com/

View Carr on The Oprah Winfrey Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRM2RAjgh0

No comments: