Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Book Recommendation: Recapture Your Health: A Step-By-Step Program to Reverse Chronic Symptoms and Create Lasting Wellness


Currently, I am re-reading Recapture Your Health: A Step-By-Step Program to Reverse Chronic Symptoms and Create Lasting Wellness by Walt Stoll, M.D. and Jan DeCourtney, C.M.T. I started reading this book last year when I was searching for information that could possibly help my medical issues.


During an Internet search, I came across Dr. Stoll's informative website at http://askwaltstollmd.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html. Christiane Northrup, a medical doctor and author who has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, states on the books cover, "For the millions who are suffering from chronic and poorly understood symptoms, this book is the answer."


I am reading this book again, because I am at a different stage than when I read the book the first time. I felt that it would be beneficial to read the book again now that I am armed with more knowledge about my conditions and have been researching various areas of wellness.


This book focuses on the 3LS Wellness Program. Components of this program include practicing Skilled Relaxation (i.e. meditation), eating a Whole Foods Diet, and Exercise. The book gives a detailed explanation on how to accomplish each of these components. I am currently practicing many of the recommendations that appear in this book.





2 comments:

kerrie said...

I am really interested in some of these books you have read - I will definatley order this one - I believe as you do we have to educate ourselves as Doctor's don't seem to want to give you the info you need - it frustrates no end - Kerrie

ChyvonneB said...

Kerrie,

Good luck with the reading. Let me know if you come across any good sources.

God Bless!