Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stop The Thyroid Madness Live Chat Session

I am lovin' technology. If there was ever a time to be sick (bad joke, I know)...Let's just say I feel blessed to be living during the internet era. The internet has truly been beneficial in allowing me to connect with people who are in a similar boat.


Anyway, I was just on a phone/chat session--it lasted at least an hour and a half-- with Janie of Stop the Thyroid Madness and many other callers/listeners who have thyroid related issues (i.e. Hypothyroidism, etc.). Dr. Lowe was the featured guest. He is very knowledgable about the treatment of thyroid disorders. He acknowledged how big pharma is "in bed" with the doctors who are prescribing T4 only meds and how that plays into why patients with Thyroid disorders are often being inadequately treated and medicated. He also gave a wealth of information including info regarding hormones, nutrition, and supplements in relation to thyroid disorders.



Now, I just need to get connected to a group that talks about Grave's Disease, specifically. I have some resources but am not connected with any particular group which has a clear organizer/leader. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.



For more info about the above session, please visit:



http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/2010/01/04/dr-lowe-is-coming-to-our-party-listen-directly-or-ask-him-questions-one-on-one/

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=62603&cmd=tc
(link to past episodes)

No comments: